The City of Pittsburgh is taking a mobile-first approach to government accountability and transparency.
Pittsburgh residents and employees who suspect the fraud, theft or waste of city dollars can now report it through a mobile app.
“We have employees in every neighborhood in the city. We have citizens who are watching them. This gives an opportunity for citizens to immediately report any of that kind of activity that they believe to be waste or misuse,” said City Controller, Michael Lamb.
This app increases government transparency by bringing mobile accessibility of information to citizens and stakeholders of the City of Pittsburgh. Citizens and staff for the City of Pittsburgh can use the mobile app to:
- Learn more about the Office of the Controller and its role as the independent watchdog of the city’s resources.
- Report fraud, waste, and abuse against the City of Pittsburgh.
- Search city contracts, campaign donations and expenditures of candidates for City offices, and lobbyist that do business with the City.
- Use Fiscal Focus Pittsburgh to create and analyze custom reports on the City’s financial data.
- Search Unclaimed Property to see if the City owes citizens or businesses money.
- Read Pittsburgh’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the detailed explanation of the City’s revenues and expenditures, or the abbreviated version, Popular Annual Financial Report.
- Find City Financial and Performance Audits to see how Pittsburgh has ensured your tax dollars are working for citizens.
- Connect with Pittsburgh through social media to get all the latest news from the City office and about City finances.
- Give Pittsburgh feedback on how to better to protect Pittsburgh’s finances.
The mobile app collects and stores all forms and information from the app in a backend content management system. All reports are submitted anonymously to ensure citizen safety and confidentiality.
Governments across North America are using Info Grove to reach citizens using a mobile-first approach. Info Grove allows multiple levels of government staff to access the backend to add and edit content in real-time. To learn how Info Grove can help your city, visit our government page today.